GFRC accepts donations of the following:
- non-perishable foods
- Hygiene and cleaning products.
Donating food to charity
The Wrongs and Other Acts Act 2002 is in place to protect food donors. This Act offers protection for food donors from civil liability as long as the food is donated for a charitable purpose with the intention that the consumer will not have to pay for the food, and where the food was safe to consume at the time of donation.
Businesses donating food should ensure that:
- the food is donated in good faith for a charitable or benevolent purpose
- the food is donated with the intention that the receiver of the food does not have to pay for the food
- the food is safe to eat when it leaves the possession or control of the donor, and
- the donor gives the charity any information it needs to ensure the ongoing safety of the food.
The donor should also check to ensure that the charity is doing everything necessary to keep the food safe.
How and when
Suitable food can be delivered to both our the Centres 9:30 am – 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday :
- 8 Freedman Street, North Geelong
- 1 Little Smythe Street, Geelong
Large donations may be picked up if possible, phone 5278 6588.